Pages

Sunday 9 May 2010

Mojang Bandung Gareulis

Before it escapes my mind.
Before my short term memory can no longer recall it.
I want to document the Bandung Copeland Farewell Tour in my own words..

I've been a Copeland fan since the first year of university, 2007. Maybe I didn't know Copeland from the beginning, but I do know that I sincerely love their music. My 'boyfriend' at the time gave me a mixed tape, and inside it, the song "Coffee". Sometimes, just occasionally, I would call him firefly. Because he was the "Brightest" firefly in my jar. :)

After we broke up, Copeland became my companion in sadness. "I'm A Sucker For A Kind Word" and "Love Affair" were just a few of the songs that filled my heartbroken playlist. Somehow the words just reached me.

"Just let me run where I want to run. Just let me love who I want."
"In a house without a back door. I was looking for a fire escape. And I'll be ripping up the floorboards. Just trying to get away. From this sleeplessness.. It's sad, but I'm a sucker for a kind word. And I'll just hurt until I find one"

When we got back together, he gave me even more songs.. Though none of them from Copeland. But "Coffee" and "Brightest"officially became 'our songs'.

So when Copeland announced its split up and farewell tour, I had to see it. Even though a deadly task awaited, I had to go. To say goodbye to this beloved band.

They played all of the classics. All the songs that brought back memories.. Sadness and happiness at the same time..
I missed the first two songs, "Priceless" and "Take Care", which were also very memorable songs, because of the awful traffic. It took me and Icang 3 hours for what was usually a 30 minute trip.

When I entered the concert hall, I was greeted with "I'm A Sucker For A Kind Word". I actually almost cried. No kidding. The I was bombarded with "Sleep", "The Grey Man", "Chin Up", "The Suitcase Song", "When Paula Sparks", "Brightest", and of course the all too famous "Coffee".

Maybe I sound like a total weirdo, but I was happy. So happy that I was on the verge of breaking into tears. :')

The farewell ended with "Attention", displaying Aaron Marsh's amazing vocals..

The saddest part of the concert wasn't when they left the stage.. Upon performing their final song for the night, Marsh parted with the saddest words. But when I brought it up after the concert, no one else seemed to notice..

"Thank you so much for tonight.. We've been Copeland."

*faints dramatically

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Log Into My Mind. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase