Pages

Sunday 2 May 2010

Sinetron

Continuing my previous posts on Indonesian Soap Opera, I think I mentioned something about 'brainwashing'. It comes from my experience with two nephews. (The fact that I have two teenage nephews at the age of 20 is totally unrelated)

I remember around 5 years ago, a cousin of mine was going to get married. It was going to be his second marriage; his first wife deceased when I was still a little kid (I don't remember her, sadly).

My mom and a few of my aunts were gossiping about the family. They reached a point where they talked about how his kids were coping. One of my aunts suddenly told of a very disturbing event.

My nephews, just like more than half of the Indonesian population, often watched Sinetron. They were worried that just like in those damn tv shows, their new mother would be a cruel, ruthless hag (refer to my previous post on template Sinetron characters).

So, being kids, they decided to pull a prank on her.
They put an amazing amount of pepper and chili into her tea.
Clever boys.

The logic behind these actions: A nice stepmother would be understanding and kind. An evil step mother would throw a fit and probably hit them.

So the moral of the story? Let your children watch plenty of Sinetron. :)

P.S: No, seriously, don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Log Into My Mind. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase